Saturday, July 30, 2011

♥ - BEWARE OF STAYING THERE TOO LONG - ♥






We need to be aware of a 
Danger in the acceptance process. 
And the danger is creating 
Our own soap operas.
It is simply not healthy to 
Review our own sad stories again 
And again -- like replaying a very 
Sad day on one of the soaps.
When we dwell too long on the
"sad things"
we relinquish to them a power 
They were never meant to have: 
The power to keep our mental controls 
On the same channel in our minds.
I have learned that I don't 
Want to give that kind of power to 
Things I have no control over.
Instead, I need to remind 
Myself that I can choose happiness.
IT'S NOT EASY!
Deciding to move forward and choosing 
Happiness over sorrow is a tough choice.
Sometimes I feel as though I'm fighting 
An uphill battle -- and you will too!



At times we may feel that the dark 
Clouds may never give way to the sunshine.

It is at those very moments that 
We have to remind ourselves of 
The power we do possess.
It is the power of choice.
I have discovered that somewhere 
In the midst of whatever chaos
May surround us we can...
Choose happiness over despair, 
Hope over hopelessness, 
Joy over continual sadness, 
And a smile over a frown.
SO HAVE AT IT!
Practice making this choice by 
Doing things that make you 
Smile, as well as bring joy to others.
When you share kindness it always 
Finds its way back to you.
May your life be filled with much happiness!